Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Jolly weird Green Giant


I guess if you have grown up with this guy on your cans of food, you don’t even give him a second thought. But at 2 am last Wed on the way into the cupboard for the 2 minute noodles, I got distracted, took an early turn off and ended up in front of the cans of soup. And that’s when I first encountered the Jolly green Giant.
Turns out he’s been around a while. And he would to have been. This bloke would never make it as the face of your soup these days would he. The designer would be run out of the food company’s boardroom.
Giants grind up your bones to make bread and what goes great with soup?
Not only that, the guy is green. Is that mould or has the die from his fake leaves run? And what’s with the leaves?
I hope he wears something a little more substantial when he is in the food preparation areas.
Speaking of substantial. Was it really cold when they drew him, because that frock thing he has on is cut high and I would have thought you would have seen some kind of hint of the crown jewels wouldn’t you? Unless he’s a Eunuch.
Maybe that would make him safer around the womenfolk.
Anyway, I don’t know the back story, but I like the guy and I will be making an effort to use all the Jolly Green Giant products from now on, and I have told my daughter that if she wants to grow up big and strong and green she should too.

No comments: