Saturday, August 25, 2007

6 degrees of separation.

It’s a small world. Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t want to be in charge of mowing the lawns, but it is small. For instance, I met a guy whose girlfriend’s ex boyfriend went out with Amy Winehouse. Now my friends will able to say ‘My friend met a guy whose girlfriend’s ex boy friend went out with Amy Winehouse. This got me thinking about my other 6-degree stories.

Like my friend whose wife once went out with a guy who had gone out with the chick who was in The Style Council.

I also met a guy whose girlfriend stayed in the house that was the house of the ex girlfriend of Seal, and she got to sleep in his old bed.

I work with a girl who had a flat mate who took a course with a guy who worked in a furniture design company near where Brad and Angelina lived and one day they walked in.

I work with a bloke called Habib and his sister is married to a guy whose brother used to date the daughter of the wife of the current President of Lebanon, before she was his wife.

And I once worked with another guy who used to know a guy who flatted with the dwarf who was the Ewok who jumped on the storm trooper who fell off the speeder in the chase scene on the Ewok planet in Return of the Jedi.

You just couldn’t get stories like this if you lived on a planet that was any bigger.

No comments: