Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Frosties bollocks.

As an ad man I am always on the lookout for sponsorship ideas. Normally for my clients, but sometimes I just think of random ones for fun….. yeah, that’s right. The long winter nights fly by when you hang out with me.
So I had this idea.
Imagine if the Tamil Tigers, approached the makers of Frosties and suggested that Tony the Frosties Tiger, became their mascot. The Tamils could, for a large fee, put Tony on their uniforms. Maybe even incorporate him into their flag. It is a natural fit.
The Tamils are progressive and motivated. Not only do they have the standard guerillas running round blowing up things and sometimes themselves. They also have their own air force and navy.
Ok, so this might be a hard sell. Obviously you are going to polarize part of your potential market. For example, I cant see Frosties being served in the Sri Lankan government offices. But think of the new frosties devotees you would win over, in freedom fighter groups around the world. A great way to build share in those hard to reach 3rd world nations.
If the Frosties thing is a no go, maybe the Tamils should approach Tiger Woods about putting on a joint golf competition ?
I sent these ideas to the Tamils. I expect to hear back any day now.

No comments: